JOB TITLE: Diesel Tech
REPORTS TO: Service Supervisor
Generally a graduate of an accredited technical or vocational school or with minimal training in most aspects of truck repair. Can assist senior techs in basic or heavy unskilled work. Requires close supervision and training. May be partnered or mentored with an experienced technician.
DUTIES AND JOB SKILLS:
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to read and understand repair manuals.
- Able to perform PM services; oil and filter changes, grease, chassis inspection
- Air Leaks
- Brake and Clutch adjustments.
- Basic electrical work.
- Exhaust Systems
- Minor Oil Leaks
- Steam Clean
- Wheel Seals
- Able to use basic hand and air tools.
- Able to take direction well and work with others.
- Understand & exhibit shop safety and able to keep the shop area clean.
- Basic toolbox.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Tech School certification or diploma.
- Forklift certification.
- AC certification.
- NHSI License
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
Service shop bays of dealership. Willing to get dirty and see a job to completion if necessary. Uniform required.
1st shifts Tuesday – Saturday available.